BUSAN GLOBAL SMART CITIES CHALLENGE
The Young ICT Leaders’ Forum 2017 will incorporate “BusanGlobal Smart Cities Challenge” which is an open competition platform for young people to present their innovative ideas on harnessing the power of digital technologies in making a city smarter, safer, and friendlier to the environment, thereby improving the quality of life of the citizens.
The competing ideas should be relevant to the focusing topics of the forum:
Building Smart Cities: transforming lives
AI/FinTech for Smart Cities
Iot and Security
CSRs and the SDGs
Based on the qualification and feasible ideas of applicants, ITU and Busan city will provide fellowships including round-trip air ticket, full accommodation, transportation and meals for full participation to the YILF. While all qualified participants fully participate in the YILF & Busan Global Smart Cities Challenge programme, four winners who have outstanding ideas will be awarded cash-prizes supported by forum sponsors.
Application shall be received through online in website until 31 August 2017. Online applications will be screened by first the Forum Secretariat. Any irrelevant ideas (to the above four categories) may not be further considered and qualified applications will be reviewed and scored by a selection committee for online applications.
Online Application Selection Committee, consists of:
- A representative from Busan Metropolitan City
- A representative from ITU
Qualified applications will be awarded fellowships from Busan Metropolitan City and ITU.
CRITERIA & TIMELINE
- Application must be fully completed and submitted online registration before 31 August 2017. Application with incomplete information may not be considered.
- A copy of Resume/CV must be submitted with the online application.
- Application with an endorsement from a government or an organization/company must have a letter of endorsement submitted together with the online application.
- Application can be submitted as an individual person or a team. However, only one fellowship will be provided to a selected application. If other team members wish to participate in the Busan Global Smart Cities Challenge 2017 and/or Young ICT Leaders’ Forum 2017, s/he must register in online registration and stating that s/he is a team member of the selected application.
- The selection committee reserves the right to accept or reject any applications subject to available budget.
LAST PROGRAMME WINNERS
Out of 256 applications for the competition, 10 outstanding ideas were finalized and 5 winners below were awarded